Tuesday, March 8, 2011

18 Weeks

Yesterday we went for our routine ultrasound. From the very beginning of the appointment, I was feeling optimistic. I'm not sure why, but I felt very calm. Brayden had the hiccups during the ultrasound. Poor baby! He was bouncing all over the screen. I have to admit, that one of my biggest fears throughout this entire ordeal, was that Brayden's face would be deformed. I know in the grand scheme of things, that may not seem like a big deal to some, but it was to me. Yesterday, we had a prayer answered! The ultrasound tech said that his mouth looked great (no cleft palate!) and he had the perfect little nose! We were able to get a great picture of his side profile. He has such a sweet face. God is so good! 
We did get some bad news  though. Brayden has some fluid on his brain. She said that there wasn't much, but there was some there. (I'm not sure exactly what that means.) He also has some "spots" on his heart. We will know everything next week. We will have a full analysis by ultrasound next week. Some people have questioned why I want to know everything. This is my baby, and I need to prepare for him. I want to know what is wrong and what is not wrong so that I can put some of my fears at ease and so I can be prepared when I get to meet him. Also, my doctor noticed my good mood yesterday. He was very quick to remind me to not forget what the final outcome was going to be. I wish that everyone could let me enjoy my little victory and allow me to be happy for a moment. Those type of comments strip my joy away and I don't want that to happen. I praise God for Brayden and I'm so thankful for him.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful to see that sweet was was I bet. It warms my heart to read those small victories. Every mother should be allowed to experience the joys of every baby no matter what the furture holds. Because the fact is none of us are promised tomorrow anyway so we should all praise our Savior for the joys He give us today! Praying for you daily!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary Ellen for the message. I never thought about it that way...we aren't promised tomorrow so we should praise God daily no matter what. Thank you so much for your prayers and support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie Hina--Faith and Hope is all you have right now. It sounds to me like the Dr doesn't know the God you know. He is in the scientific state of mind and that's ok but you have to have more just to keep a sane mind. I have been praying for you daily and asking aunt Barbara about you often. Hang in there sweetie God will give you strength that passes all understand.

    ReplyDelete